The Canadian Tabletop Championship gaming convention will be hosted In Ottawa Ontario from 1 to 3 May 2020.
Outlined below are the important points regarding the logistics for the convention. As details are finalized and plans are put into place this page will be updated and will remain the hub for all aspects of the CTC gaming convention.
Tickets. All events and activities will be listed and have their tickets available through our CTC Tickets Page. General Admission is only $5, full day Open Gaming Area pass is only $15, and Tournaments and Events start at only $25!
Venue. Rideau Curling Club at 715 Cooper St, Ottawa, ON K1R 5J5.
General hours of operation (Events will vary):
- Friday open to the general public 1000h to 2300h.
- Saturday open to the general public 1000h to 2300h
- Sunday open to the general public 1000h to 2000h
Accommodations. There are many accommodations options within a short walking, driving, and taxi distance from the Rideau Curling Club. There are hotels, motels, and BnB’s all within the area and range between $70-200 per evening. At this time there are no block bookings for participants at any particular accommodation. Below are a few of the economical options in close proximity to the venue.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Ottawa, 319 Rideau St, Ottawa, ON K1N 5Y4, (613) 789-5555. Approximate room cost $117, 3.5 km from venue.
- The Business Inn, 180 MacLaren St, Ottawa, ON K2P 0K8, 1 (800) 363-1777. Approximately room cost $105, 1.6km from venue.
- Rideau Inn, 177 Frank St, Ottawa, ON K2P 0X4, (613) 688-2753. Approximate room cost of $110, 1.8km from venue
- Rideau Curling Club. There will be half of the lot roped off for the event organizers and vendors leaving approximately 10 spots available at no cost.
- Kelly Funeral Home off of Cooper. We will get permission from KFH to park on a day by day basis. We will send out a Facebook message the night before to let you know if it is available. Without permission, trespassers will be towed.
- Street Parking. Cooper, Percy, Lisgar, Broson all have available pay for use street parking
- City of Ottawa. There is a City parking lot at 687 Somerset St
- There are many parking lots in the general area. Please take note of all signs and restrictions listed as most are privately owned.
The Venue will offer Pizza and Hotdogs at any time throughout the day as well as Lunch time meals between 1000-1300h and Supper Meals between 1600-1900h
There are many food options close to the venue including Pizza Pizza, Tim Hortons, and six + restaurants within a quick walk of the venue.
Outside meals will not be allowed to be consumed inside the venue if the kitchen is open. Coffees, waters, and snacks etc bought off-site and consumed in the gaming area will not be a problem as long as players are mindful of their garbage.
Beverages. The venue will have a fully staffed bar that will serve a large range of beverages. There are many beers on tap and beverages can be consumed in all gaming spaces. All gaming convention attendees will be expected to show their identification if they choose to order alcoholic beverages and the legal drinking age is 19 years in Ontario. No outside alcoholic beverages will be allowed.